What to Pack for a Trip to Tibet
The temperature during daytime is around 8~25°C in Lhasa in early June, but the night temperature may reach 0°C and when visit the lake or mountain, down-jacket is needed. Try to dress in black or other heavy color clothes since the road out of Lhasa may be very dusty and dirty. The following are some we are suggested to bring for your tour in Tibet:
1. Sweater: Wool or wool mix with a high neck for extra warmth.
2. Headwear: wool or fible-pile ski-style cap or balaclava for warmth. A lightweight brimmed hat is good for sun protection .Inexpensive broad brimmed straw and elt hats are sold in Tibeet's city markets.
3. Scarf: wool or silk is best.
4. Bandanna or handkerchief: Bring several.
5. Cotton underwear: four or five pairs.
6. Socks: at least three pairs.
7. Shirts: A long-sleeve shirt made of wool, flannel, or chamois, or a track-suit top. A long-sleeve stay-pree cotton shirt for warmer temperatures. Bring two or three T-shirts as well.
8. Pants: For men, one pair of loose-fitting wool pants, wool knickers, or fiber-pile pants, and one pair of light-weight cotton pants. Women should wear a midcalf dress or skirt, though pants and knee-lenth knickers with socks are also acceptable. Shorts are not appropriate at any time in Tibet for men or women.
9. Camera: You will regret not bring one.
10. Money pouch or belt: Safer than a wallet for keeping your passport, money, and valuable papers.
11. Pictures from home: Personal photographs of your children, pet, city, house, and so on are a great way to communicate with local people.