What to Pack for a Trip to China
While on one of our tours in China, you will be on the move a great deal. Our advice is to pack as lightly as possible. We recommend the use of a duffel bag or backpack (whatever you find easiest to carry), or even one of those cases with wheels will be fine as long as it's not too big.
* Passport (with photocopies)-The passport with all necessary visas and travel authorities, for identification purposes and the visa.
*Travel insurance (with photocopies)
*Airline, Cruise or Train tickets
Cash and travelers checks
*Any entry visas or vaccination certificates required
* Medical records
* Fleece top or similar
* Small towel and swimwear
* The Dress standard for most places in China would best be described as "smart casual". Generally, in summer and autumn, you'd better pack Sandals and footwear for walking, t-shirts, long trousers, and shorts; in winter, you must take coats, hat and Gloves.
* Watch or alarm clock
* Water bottle
* Toiletries (including soap)
* First-aid kit: First aid kit should contain lip salve, Aspirin, vitamins, Band Aids, anti-histamine, Imodium or similar tablets for mild cases of diarrhea, and prescription drugs you may be taking.
* "Carry On" luggage for air travel in China is limited to 2 pieces for first class travelers and one piece for business and economy class travelers. The dimensions of each shall not exceed 20X40 X 55cm and the total weight of the above two pieces shall not exceed 5 kg . The carry-on items in excess of the above two pieces shall not exceed 5 kg. The carry-on items in excess of the above mentioned pieces, weight or dimension shall be checked-in as checked baggage according to regulations.
* Sun hat, Rainwear, Sunscreen and sunglasses, depending on the season and your destination.
* Address and telephone number list. A list of e-mail addresses, mailing addresses and telephone numbers will help keep you in touch. Type them onto a sheet instead of taking a your whole address book. It will save weight.
* Itinerary with confirmation numbers and addresses and phone numbers of the places you'll be staying.
* Insect repellent. Especially for summer months and for travelers who are visiting rural areas.
* Reading/writing material
* Cover for backpack
* Snorkeling gear
* Gifts for Cubans