Beijing 72-hour Visa-free Transit
Foreign visitors who hold passports issued by the 51 countries on the 72-hour Visa-free Transit Policy List and stay in Beijing for transit for up to 72 hours, could apply for a visa-free transit stay in China at the immigration inspection authority at Beijing Capital International Airport. This policy is only applicable for foreign visitors who enter into, stay in and leave from Beijing.
Holding passports issued by the following listed 51 countries
Holding valid international travel documents,
Qualified for the entry requirements of their third destination country,
Holding valid airline tickets with 72-hour validation and making transit through Beijing Capital International Airport to the third country
72-hour Visa-free Transit Policy is valid for passport holders from the following 51 countries:
European Schengen Visa Member Countries (24)
Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland.
Other European Countries (13)
Foreign visitors who hold passports issued by the 51 countries could apply for a visa-free transit stay in Beijing at the immigration inspection authority at Beijing Capital International Airport.
Oceanian Countries (2)
Asian Countries (6)
1. It only applies to passengers who transiting through Beijing Capital International Airport in Beijing.The destination and place of departure cannot be the same.(e.g Auckland – Beijing - Auckland)
2. It does not apply to passengers who travelling by train, ship or other transportation.
3. Visitors are not allowed to leave the city to other cities during the 72-hour visa-free period. You must depart from the city where you arrive in. For example, you arrived at the Beijing Capital International Airport, you must depart from Beijing, NOT from Shanghai Pudong International Airport or other airports.
4. The 72 hours will be counted from the time when the transit permit is granted, not from the time when the flight land at the airport.
5. For more information, please contact:a. Beijing Exit and Entry Frontier Inspection Hotline 0086 10 56095400
b. The Exit and Entry Administration of Beijing Municipal Public Security Bureau Hotline 0086 10 84020101