How to Board A Yangtze Cruise
When you are going to board a Yangtze cruise, please have the following issue in mind.
1) Trip China Guide highly recommended our clients to book airport-pier/pier-airport transfers together with the cruise, as It will be more convenient to get on boat at pier. Please note that the ship docking information (which pier the ship will park at) can only be available within 1 or 2 days in advance. And it will also save your time to catch your flight/train to the next destination after the disembarkation of the cruise.
2) Keep the travel documents with you when boarding like the passport and tour confirmation, our local guide will help you with check-in. If you don't book the transfer service, we will provide you the mobile phone number of the ship in the tour confirmation and email you the information of docking pier 1-2 days before the cruise. When on board, please show your voucher of the cruise to the receptionist of the ship for check-in.
3) Usually passengers are recommended to board on the cruise after 17:00, as there is no service available before that time. Please note that the dinner at the first night in not included in the cruise fare, we usually include the dinner in the itinerary of the package tours at the local restaurant, while for those who do not book the transfer service and guide, they can choose to dine either at the city downtown or on board by a la carte.
4) There is no quantity limit for your luggage. You can place your travel luggage in the cabin. Please keep in mind that the size of standard cabins are smaller than the hotel rooms of 4 or 5 star hotels. It won't be so convenient to bring so much luggage with you on board.
5) Usually Trip China Guide includes the porter fees (one piece per person) when boarding the cruise - there are some stairs from the bank to the ship, especially during dry season. If the clients have more luggage needed to be carried to the cruise, the extra cost is about US$2 per piece. For the clients who don't book the transfer service, they can hire a porter at the dock area by paying them about US$2 per piece. The cost is subject to change without prior notice.
6) Most of the Yangtze cruise ships depart at 9:00-10:00pm. They will not wait for the customers who are late for boarding. In case of missing the cruise, please contact your travel specialist of Trip China Guide immediately if you don't have a local guide. We will respond soon to transfer you to where the ship stops early next morning so that you can enjoy the rest of Yangtze River cruise although the first-day excursion will be missed. The extra cost will be on the clients' account unless Trip China Guide is liable for it.