8-day Oriental Alpine Adventure Tour
Destinations: Chengdu, Moxi, Kangding, Danba, Mount Siguniang
Tour code: TCG-SC-09
The Hailuogou Valley and Mount Siguniang, with their breathtaking mountain views, picture perfect lakes, glaciers, and forests, and clean mountain air, are often referred to as "the Oriental Alps." Whether you want to hike high mountain pastures, walk through the virgin forest, climb up the snowcapped mountains , or visit one of the beautiful Tibetan villages, this trip offers spectacular Alpine scenery no matter what time of the year you visit.
Day 1 Chengdu Arrival
Transfer via: TBA – your arrangement
Activities for today: Airport transfer, Wuhou Temple, Jinli Old Street
Nin Hao! Welcome to Chengdu, the capital city of Sichuan Province and hometown of the giant pandas. You will be met at the airport and then transferred to visit the Wuhou Temple and Jinli Old Street. After dinner, you are escorted to your hotel.
Day 2 Chengdu/Moxi
Transfer via: private vehicle
Activities for today: Drive to Moxi, Shangli Old Town, Moxi Town
Today drive to Moxi Town (256km, 6-7hrs) via the beautiful West Sichuan Plain. En route visit Shangli Old Town. Upon arrival in Moxi, visit the small Catholic church and some family houses in the town. Moxi Town stands at the gateway to the Hailuogou National Glacier Forest Park, south of Kangding and east of Mount Gongga.
Day 3 Moxi/Hailuogou/Kangding
Activities for today: Hailuogou National Glacier Forest Park
After breakfast, transfer to the biggest glacier park in China - Hailuogou National Glacier Forest Park, which boasts many geographic attractions, including glaciers, grand glacier cascade, virgin forests, wild animals and hot springs, etc.. At the entrance, we will take the sightseeing bus through the beautiful primitive forests to the No. 3 Base Camp via the No. 1 Base Camp and the No. 2 Base Camp. In the No. 3 Base Camp you can choose to take the cable car (at your own expense) up to the No. 4 Base Camp. Taking the cable car, you can have a bird's eye view of the perfect combination of the primitive forest and glaciers, in a sunshine day, you can even see the magnificent giant ice waterfalls and the beautiful main peak of "the King of the Sichuan's mountains" - Mount Gongga (elevation 7,556 m). If you don't take the cable car to the No. 4 Base Camp, you can walk through the primitive forest to the glaciers viewing platform to see the wonders of glaciers, such as the crevasses of glaciers, the mushroom shaped glaciers and so on. After lunch, enjoy a free time for your own exploration in the glacier forest park. Later, take the sightseeing bus back to the entrance of the park, where you get on your private car and head to Kangding (120km, 3hrs).
Day 4 Kangding/Danba/Mount Siguniang
Activities for today: Drive to Mount Siguniang, Jiaju Tibetan Village
Today drive to Mount Siguniang (245km, 7hrs), En route explore the legendary Vallely of Beauty in Danba County. Many traditional Tibetan villages hide in this mysterious charming valley. And many Tibetan beauties are found in the villages, hence the name. We will only visit the Jiaju Tibetan Village, which was once listed on "the Top Six Charming Ethnic Villages in China" by the magazine China National Geographic in 2005. In the village, you will see gorgeous watchtowers and traditional Tibetan fortress-like houses, which constitute a remarkable scenery with the natural surroundings.
Day 5 Mount Siguniang/Danba
Activities for today: Mount Siguniang
This morning drive to the Mount Siguniang. In the scenic area, we will visit the Shuangqiao Valley and Changping Valley by sightseeing bus. Later afternoon drive back to Danba (110 km, 3hrs) and check in the hotel.
Day 6 Danba/Kangding
Transfer via: private vehicle
Activities for today: Take photos
Today's driving trip is about 135 km, we will have many opportunities to take some incredible photos on our way back to Chengdu. We will pass some beautiful places such as Jiaju Tibetan Village, Bamei (the most beautiful bonsai beach in the world), Xinduqiao (the paradise of photographing), and Tagong Grassland. Stay overnight at Kangding.
Day 7 Kangding/Chengdu
Activities for today: Drive back to Chengdu, Wide and Narrow Alley, Yuanyang Hot Pot
After breakfst, drive back to Chengdu (350 km, 7 hrs). Upon arrival, visit the Wide and Narrow Alley. Your dinner will be arranged in a famous hot pot restaurant to enjoy the "double flavor hot pot" (Yuanyang Hot Pot). This kind of hot pot with a mixture of slightly numbing, hot, sour and sweet tastes, can be rated as the rare flavor of China.
Day 8 Chengdu/Exit
Transfer via: TBA – your arrangement
Activities for today: Hotel to airport transfer
Your vacation ends with a transfer to the airport.
Our proven travel packages have been carefully chosen to include the most popular or unique destinations and tourist attractions in China. However, as local conditions and our clients requests vary, no two trips will ever be the same. With the guidance of your travel consultants you may modify the itinerary to give a truly unique experience!
|Day1||Chengdu Arrival||Meet your guide at the airport. Then visit Wuhou Temple and Jinli Old Street.||D|
|Day2||Chengdu/Moxi||Drive to Moxi. Visit Shangli Old Town and Moxi Town.||B, L, D|
|Day3||Moxi/Hailuogou/Kangding||Hailuogou National Glacier Forest Park||B, L, D|
|Day4||Kangding/Danba/Mount Siguniang||Drive to Mount Siguniang. En route visit Jiaju Tibetan Village.||B, L, D|
|Day5||Mount Siguniang/Danba||Visit Mount Siguniang.||B, L, D|
|Day6||Danba/Kangding||Drive back to Chengdu. Take some photos on the way.||B, L, D|
|Day7||Kangding/Chengdu||Drive back to Chengdu. Visit Wide and Narrow Alley. Enjoy Yuanyang Hot Pot for dinner.||B, L, D|
|Day8||Chengdu/Exit||Transfer to the airport.||B|
- Private Transfers:
- Between airports / railway station, hotels and scenic spots while sightseeing in the cities specified in the itinerary by the private air conditioned vehicle with driver and English-speaking guide. Separate arrivals and departures will incur extra charges.
- Entrance fees:
- All entrance fees to scenic spots as listed above in the itinerary. The final arrangement will be determined by local tour guides based on the local circumstances which are beyond the control of TripChinaGuide. TCG will adhere to the original itinerary as accurately as possible.
- All meals as specified in the itinerary. “B” stands for western breakfast “L” for Chinese Lunch in local Chinese restaurant. “D” for Chinese dinner in local Chinese restaurant. The quotation is basic on the above normal meals. If you have any special request about meals, like vegetarian, or Indian food etc, please inform us in advance.
- Private tour escort for Sightseeing:
- Normal sightseeing activities as outlined in the Itinerary will be escorted with English-speaking guide.
- The English-speaking guide and driver of each city accompany you throughout the entire tour in that city. They do not fly with you from one city to another.
- Accommodation (if include Yangtze Cruiser):
- Service based on two adults sharing on one standard twin/double-bed room (cabin); solo travelers or those who want to occupy one twin/double-bed room/cabin of their own are required to pay additional charge of single supplement rate. A single room (cabin) is subject to availability based on prior request at an additional cost; if the recommended hotel is not available, it will be substituted by a similar class one.
- All hotels as listed in the above itinerary serve daily western or Chinese breakfast. All rooms are air-conditioned with private facilities unless specified.
- All the domestic airfare of economy class with airport tax/ or train ticket(s) as specified in the itinerary.
- Service Charge & Government Taxes
- The tour cost includes the planning, handling, operational and communication charges.
- Entry or Exit China International Airfare or train tickets, unless other wise noted.
- Visa Fees, passport application or renewal fee.
- Excess Baggage Charges.
- Personal Expenses:
- Expenses of a purely personal nature such as excess luggage fees, laundry, drinks, fax, telephone call, optional activities (shows) and meals, beverages...
- Any meals which are not specified in the itinerary with “B”, “L” or “D”.
- Any extra cost caused by changes of natural disasters, fires, weather, governmental and local authority orders, political change, strikes, war, riots, quarantine, custom regulations, damages or injury caused by accident beyond the control of TripChinaGuide and that has incurred due to the tourist action violating the laws.
- Tips to guides, escort, drivers bellman, etc.
- Free Inquiry
- Cheap and Flexible Itineraries
- Licenced Guides & Drivers
- High-quality Travel Enjoyment
- Professional Travel Consultants
- No Hidden Charges
- No Forced Shopping
- 24*7 Service and Support
- Find a sample tour or Tailor-make a tour
- Adjust you tour plan
- Confirm with payment