12-day Chengdu Tibet Tour with Yangtze Cruise
Destinations: Chengdu, Lhasa, Shigatse, Chongqing, Yichang, Shanghai
Tour code: TCG-L-007
We take this tour and explore the giant panda hometown Chengdu & majesty holy city Lhasa. After tasting the spicy Sichuan food, seeing the charm pandas in close, we head to the Tibetan highland for the unique Buddhism monasteries and Tibetan people’s culture. A comfortable cruise on the Yangtze River is also included.
Day 1 Chengdu/Arrival
Transfer via: TBA – your arrangement
Activities for today: Airport to hotel transfer
Arrive in Chengdu, you will be met at the airport and transferred to your hotel. Free at leisure for the rest of the day.
Day 2 Chengdu
Activities for today: Giant Panda Breeding Research Base, Jinsha Site Museum, Jinli Old Street
Drive to visit Panda Breeding and Research Center. Usually pandas get fed in the morning, it is the most active period during the day. Watch a film at Panda Museum to have some knowledge of pandas.
After lunch at the city downtown, go and visit Jinsha Site Museum, a great place for visitors to closely observe the excavation of archeological spot and learn the glorious culture of the ancient Shu Kingdom. Then wander around Jinli ancient streets, you can taste different kinds of local snacks there.
Day 3 Chengdu
Activities for today: Leshan Giant Buddha, Qingyang Taoist Temple
After breakfast, drive to visit the Leshan Giant Buddha. The 71m-high Giant Buddha is qualified as the largest stone-carved Buddha in the world. It was constructed during 713-803 AD during the prosperous Tang Dynasty. It was included in the UNESCO heritage list in 1996.
In the afternoon, drive to visit the Qingyao Temple and learn about Chinese Taoist. The temple is one of the most famous Taoist temples in China. Free evening for your own leisure.
Day 4 Chengdu/Lhasa
Transfer via: TBA – our arrangement
Activities for today: Airport to transfer (Chengdu, Lhasa)
Transfer to the airport for the flight to Lhasa.
Upon arrival in Lhasa, you will be met and transferred to the hotel. Free at leisure for the rest of the day and acclimatization.
Day 5 Lhasa
Activities for today: Potala Palace, Barkhor Street, The Jokhang Templ
After breakfast at the hotel, full day guide tour visit the Potala Palace which is a monumental building of Lhasa served as administrative center, seat of government, monastery, fortress and the home of all the Dalai Lamas from the Fifth to the Fourteenth in the past, a UNESCO world cultural heritage site of 1994.
In the afternoon, visit the Jokhang Temple, 1300 years old with a golden roof and one of Tibet's holiest shrines. Today's tour ends at the Barkhor Street. It is is essentially a pilgrim circuit, which is followed clockwise round the periphery of the Jokhang. Shaped roughly like an octagon, it is also a hive of market activity. Drive back to your hotel for free evening.
Day 6 Lhasa
Activities for today: Sera Monastery, Drepung Monastery, Tibet Museum
After breakfast at the hotel, full day guide tour visit the Sera Monastery. It was first built in 1419, and the debating among monks is a very interesting scene of this monastery. Followed by a visit to the Drepung Monastery which was once the biggest monasteries in Tibet. Lunch will be taken at a local Chinese restaurant.
In the afternoon, pay a visit toTibet Museum. It is a pioneering institution in the history of Tibet.
Day 7 Lhasa/Shigatse
Transfer via: private vehicle
Activities for today: Yamdrok Lake, Palkhor Monastery
After breakfast at the hotel, meet the guide and drive from Lhasa to Shigatse (about 350km).
On the way visit Yamdrok Lake which is one of the three Holy Lakes in Tibet, also a pilgrimage site for Tibetans. And visit the Palkhor Monastery in Gyantze. Continue drive to Shigatze for overnight.
Day 8 Shigatse/Lhasa
Transfer via: private vehicle
Activities for today: Tashilumpo Monastery
Morning visit Tashilumpo Monastery. It is one of the Six Big Monasteries of Gelugpa (or Yellow Hat Sect) in Tibet and the seat of the Panchen Lama since the Fourth Panchen Lama took charge in the monastery. After that, drive along the Yaluzangbu River back to Lhasa.
Day 9 Lhasa/Chongqing
Transfer via: TBA – our arrangement
Activities for today: Three Gorges Museum, Ciqikou Old Town, Hotpot dinner
Transfer to the airport for the morning flight to Chongqing. Upon arrival, you will be met and transferred to visit the Three Gorges Museum, then proceed to visit the Ciqikou Old Town in the afternoon. Free for shopping at Jiefangbei Shopping area.
In the early evening, enjoy Chongqing Hotpot for dinner and then transfer to board the Yangtze River Cruise.
Day 10 Yangtze Cruise
Activities for today: Fengdu Ghost City
Shore excursion to Fengdu - Chinese Ghost City. Today's breakfast and lunch will be the buffet on the Cruise; dinner will be the Chinese dinner on the cruise.
Day 11 Yangtze Cruise
Activities for today: Shennong Stream or Lesser Three Gorges
Excursion to Daning River Small Gorges or Shennong Stream. Pass through the Wu Gorge and the Qutang Gorge. (You may have an optional excursion to the White Emperor City if river conditions permit.) Today's breakfast and lunch will be the buffet on the Cruise; dinner will be the Chinese dinner on the cruise.
Day 12 Yichang/Shanghai
Transfer via: TBA – our arrangement (domestic)
Activities for today: Three Gorges Dam
Appreciate the magnificent Three Gorges Dam and pick up more background information on this largest water conservancy project.
Disembark in Yichang around 11:30am, meet the local guide and transfer to the airport for the afternoon flight to Shanghai. Upon arrival in Shanghai Hongqiao Airport, you will be free at leisure on your own arrangement or connect the flight to your next destination.
Our proven travel packages have been carefully chosen to include the most popular or unique destinations and tourist attractions in China. However, as local conditions and our clients requests vary, no two trips will ever be the same. With the guidance of your travel consultants you may modify the itinerary to give a truly unique experience!
|Day1||Chengdu/Arrival||Meet your Chengdu tour guide and transfer to hotel.||no meal|
|Day2||Chengdu||Visit Giant Panda Breeding Research Base, Jinsha Site Museum and Jinli Old Street.||B, L|
|Day3||Chengdu||Drive to visit Leshan Giant Buddha, Qingyang Taoist Temple.||B, L|
|Day4||Chengdu/Lhasa||Fly to Lhasa.||B|
|Day5||Lhasa||Visit The Potala Palace, Barkhor Street and The Jokhang Temple.||B, L|
|Day6||Lhasa||Guide tour to visit Sera Monastery, Drepung Monastery and Tibet Museum.||B, L|
|Day7||Lhasa/Shigatse||Drive to visit Palkhor Monastery, on the way to stop at Yamdrok Lake. Overnight at Shigatze.||B, L|
|Day8||Shigatse/Lhasa||Visit Tashilhunpo Monastery. Then drive back to Lhasa.||B, L|
|Day9||Lhasa/Chongqing||Fly to Chongqing, visit Three Gorges Museum, Ciqikou Old Town, Jiefangbei Shopping area and board Yangtze Cruise.||B, L, D|
|Day10||Yangtze Cruise||Shore excursion to Fengdu.||B, L, D|
|Day11||Yangtze Cruise||Shore excursion to Shennong Stream or Lesser Three Gorges.||B, L, D|
|Day12||Yichang/Shanghai||Visit Three Gorges Dam. After lunch, transfer to the airport and fly to Shanghai.||B, L|
- Private Transfers:
- Between airports / railway station, hotels and scenic spots while sightseeing in the cities specified in the itinerary by the private air conditioned vehicle with driver and English-speaking guide. Separate arrivals and departures will incur extra charges.
- Entrance fees:
- All entrance fees to scenic spots as listed above in the itinerary. The final arrangement will be determined by local tour guides based on the local circumstances which are beyond the control of TripChinaGuide. TCG will adhere to the original itinerary as accurately as possible.
- All meals as specified in the itinerary. “B” stands for western breakfast “L” for Chinese Lunch in local Chinese restaurant. “D” for Chinese dinner in local Chinese restaurant. The quotation is basic on the above normal meals. If you have any special request about meals, like vegetarian, or Indian food etc, please inform us in advance.
- Private tour escort for Sightseeing:
- Normal sightseeing activities as outlined in the Itinerary will be escorted with English-speaking guide.
- The English-speaking guide and driver of each city accompany you throughout the entire tour in that city. They do not fly with you from one city to another.
- Accommodation (if include Yangtze Cruiser):
- Service based on two adults sharing on one standard twin/double-bed room (cabin); solo travelers or those who want to occupy one twin/double-bed room/cabin of their own are required to pay additional charge of single supplement rate. A single room (cabin) is subject to availability based on prior request at an additional cost; if the recommended hotel is not available, it will be substituted by a similar class one.
- All hotels as listed in the above itinerary serve daily western or Chinese breakfast. All rooms are air-conditioned with private facilities unless specified.
- All the domestic airfare of economy class with airport tax/ or train ticket(s) as specified in the itinerary.
- Service Charge & Government Taxes
- The tour cost includes the planning, handling, operational and communication charges.
- Entry or Exit China International Airfare or train tickets, unless other wise noted.
- Visa Fees, passport application or renewal fee.
- Excess Baggage Charges.
- Personal Expenses:
- Expenses of a purely personal nature such as excess luggage fees, laundry, drinks, fax, telephone call, optional activities (shows) and meals, beverages...
- Any meals which are not specified in the itinerary with “B”, “L” or “D”.
- Any extra cost caused by changes of natural disasters, fires, weather, governmental and local authority orders, political change, strikes, war, riots, quarantine, custom regulations, damages or injury caused by accident beyond the control of TripChinaGuide and that has incurred due to the tourist action violating the laws.
- Tips to guides, escort, drivers bellman, etc.
- Free Inquiry
- Cheap and Flexible Itineraries
- Licenced Guides & Drivers
- High-quality Travel Enjoyment
- Professional Travel Consultants
- No Hidden Charges
- No Forced Shopping
- 24*7 Service and Support
- Find a sample tour or Tailor-make a tour
- Adjust you tour plan
- Confirm with payment