13-day China Cultural Tour
Destinations: Shanghai, Suzhou, Hangzhou, Xi'an, Beijing
Tour code: TCG-L-013
On this cultural and heritage journey in China you will explore some of the best destinations of China renowned for cultural and heritage attractions. You'll see historical places of China like Great Wall, West Lake, Terracotta Warriors, and Suzhou Gardens. The trip will cover many unique Chinese cultural elements like tea, opera, silk, buildings, dance, acrobatics, music and more.
Day 1 Arrival/Shanghai
Transfer via: international flight - on your own
On arrival at Shanghai Pudong International Airport, our local guide will greet you and transfer to pre-booked hotel. Free at leisure for the rest of the day.
Day 2 Shanghai
Activities for today: Oriental Pearl TV Tower, Yu Garden, Jade Buddha Temple
After breakfast at the hotel, meet the guide and full day guide tour to visit Oriental Pearl TV Tower where has best viewing spot of Shanghai located by the Huangpu River with 468 meters high. Followed by a visit to the Yu Garden. The garden used to be a private garden with 400 years' history; it features traditional architectural style of Yangtze Delta. After that, have a free walk on the nearby Old Street and transfer to visit the Jade Buddha Temple. Free at leisure on the Bund and Nanjing Road.
Recommended evening activity: Acrobatic Night Show.
Day 3 Shanghai/Suzhou
Transfer via: private vehicle
Activities for today: Tongli Water Town, Grand Canal Cruise, No.1 Silk Factory
Morning drive about 1.5 hours to Suzhou, en route, pay a visit to the Tongli Water Town. It is an age-old but very well preserved water township with a history of more than 1,000 years, and it is also a wonderful destination to experience traditional Chinese culture. After the tour, process to Suzhou.
After lunch at a local Chinese restaurant, take a short boat on the Grand Canal which is also known as the Beijing-Hangzhou Grand Canal. It is the earliest and the longest artificial river in the world that is ten times of the Suez Canal and 22 times of the Panama Canal. Like the Great Wall, the Grand Canal is regarded as one of the two great projects in Chinese ancient time. Today's tour ends at the No. 1 Silk Factory to see the process of how to make silk and free shopping.
Day 4 Suzhou
Activities for today: Humble Administrator's Garden, Tiger Hill, Old City Street
Visit the Humble Administrator's Garden, the largest and most renowned garden. It is listed as a World Cultural Heritage site and has also been designated as one of the Cultural Relics of National Importance under the Protection of the State as well as a Special Tourist Attraction of China. Lunch will be taken at a local Chinese restaurant.
In the afternoon, visit the Tiger Hill. Known also as Surging Sea Hill, the Tiger Hill is a large hillock covering some14100 square metres (over three acres) and is 36 metres (118 feet) in height. Climbing the hill, you will find a number of historical sites some of which can be traced back over 2500 years to the founding of Suzhou. After that, take a 3-wheel rickshaw to visit the Old Town of Suzhou, where you will see the small lanes, the open markets and local people's life.
Day 5 Suzhou/Hangzhou
Transfer via: private vehicle
Activities for today: Six Harmonies Pagoda Park, Hefang Street
Morning drive to Hangzhou. And Hangzhou guide tour to visit the Pagoda of the Six Harmonies Park. The Pagoda stands majestically on the Yuelun Mountain overlooking the Qiantang River. Free walk on the Hefang Street.
Day 6 Hangzhou
Activities for today: West Lake, Lingyin Temple and Feilai Peak, Tea Village
Today you will have a city tour to the West Lake. It is the symbol of Hangzhou. And the islets and temples, pavilions and gardens, causeways and arched bridges of this jade-like lake have constituted the supreme example of lakeside beauty in China. You will take a short boat on the lake. Followed by a visit to the Lingyin Temple and Feilai Peak. Lingyin Temple is one of the most prestigious Buddhist monasteries in China, while the Feilai Peak stands by Lingyin Temple with a collection of more than 470 Buddhist carvings dating back to 1000 years ago.
In the afternoon, drive to visit the Meijiawu Tea Plantation, you will drink tea and learn about the tea culture of China. Drive to your hotel and free at leisure.
Day 7 Hagnhzou/Xi'an
Activities for today: Ancient City Wal, Bell Tower, Muslim Quarters
Morning meet the local guide and transfer to Xi'an Xianyang Airport for the morning flight to Xi'an.
Upon arrival in Xi'an, meet the local guide and drive to visit the Ancient City Wall, which is the best-kept and biggest city walls in China. Followed tour to visit the Bell Tower - the largest and best preserved of its kind. Today's tour ends at the Muslim Quarters (Old City Street). Drive to your hotel and free at leisure.
Recommended evening activity: Tang Dynasty Dance and Song Night Show.
Day 8 Xi'an
Activities for today: Terracotta Warriors, Big Wild Goose Pagoda
After breakfast at the hotel, full day guide tour to visit the Terra-cotta Warriors and Horse Museum. It is one of the most important archaeological finds in the 20 th century; an army of terra-cotta warriors and the bronze chariots entombed in vast underground vaults at emperor Qin's tomb since 2200 year ago.
Lunch will be taken at a local Chinese restaurant. Proceed to visit the Wild Goose Pagoda Park. The Big Wild Goose Pagoda Park. The pagoda is the city emblem, which was first built in Tang Dynasty for the storage of Buddhist scriptures taken from India by Monk Xuanzang.
Day 9 Xi'an / Beijing
Activities for today: Hangyang Tomb
Transfer to the airport for your flight to Beijing. En route, pay a visit to the Hangyang Tomb. The Tomb is neatly arranged, centered with the emperor's tomb, revealing the strict hierarchical social structure. The Outside Pits Exhibition Hall was opened in 2006 and is the first underground museum in China.
Upon arrival in Beijing, meet the local guide and transfer to check in your hotel. Free at leisure for the rest of the day.
Day 10 Beijing
Activities for today: Tian'anmen Square, Forbidden City, Temple of Heaven Park, Peking Duck Dinner
After breakfast at your hotel, meet the guide and start today's city tour from the Tian'anmen Square which is the largest city square in the world, followed by the Forbidden City. It is the largest imperial palace in Cina for 24 emperors' reign during the Ming and Qing dynasties with a history of around 600 years. Lunch will be taken at a local Chinese restaurant.
In the afternoon, transfer to visit the Temple of Heaven Park, which is a masterpiece of architecture and landscape design where the ancient emperors used to pray for the God's bless of the whole nation. In the evening, enjoy a famous Peking Duck Banquet for dinner.
Day 11 Beijing
Activities for today: Summer Palace, Hutongs
In the morning, meet the guide and drive to visit the Summer Palace, which is the largest and best-preserved royal garden in China with a history of over 800 years.
After lunch, take a 3-wheel rickshaw to Hutong and have a visit to the local family. Hutong is the unique street design in Beijing - some crisscrossing old narrow paths with courtyard houses built on each side. It can be regarded as a window into Beijing folk life.
Day 12 Beijing
Activities for today: Mutianyu Great Wall, Changling Tomb
After breakfast at your hotel, meet the guide and drive to visit the Great Wall of Mutianyu Section, which is one of the great wonders in the world and the symbol of China. You can take a short hiking on the wall.
Lunch will be taken at a local Chinese restaurant. In the afternoon, drive to visit the Ming Tomb (Changling). Drive back to your hotel and free at leisure in the evening.
Day 13 Beijing/Exit
Transfer via: international flight - on your own
Free at leirsure until you are escorted to the airport for your homebound flight.
Our proven travel packages have been carefully chosen to include the most popular or unique destinations and tourist attractions in China. However, as local conditions and our clients requests vary, no two trips will ever be the same. With the guidance of your travel consultants you may modify the itinerary to give a truly unique experience!
|Day1||Arrival/Shanghai||Arrival in Shanghai.||/|
|Day2||Shanghai||Today guide to visit Oriental Pearl TV Tower, Yu Garden, Jade Buddha Temple, the Bund.||B, L|
|Day3||Shanghai/Suzhou||Drive to Suzhou, en route, visit Tongli Water Town. Arrival in Suzhou, take a short cruise on Grand Canal and visit No.1 Silk Factory.||B, L|
|Day4||Suzhou||Today Suzhou city tours to visit the Humble Administrator's Garden, Tiger Hill, and the Old City Street.||B, L|
|Day5||Suzhou/Hangzhou||Transfer to Hangzhou. Visit the Pagoda of the Six Harmonies and the Hefang Street.||B, L|
|Day6||Hangzhou||Morning cruise on the West Lake, later visit the Lingyin Temple and the Peak that Flying from Afar. After lunch visit the Meijiawu Tea Village.||B, L|
|Day7||Hagnhzou/Xi'an||Fly to Xian. Afternoon tour to the Ancient City Wall, the Bell Tower and Muslim Quarters.||B, L|
|Day8||Xi'an||Full-day visit Terracotta Warriors and Big Wild Goose Pagoda. The remainder of the day is for your free exploration.||B, L|
|Day9||Xi'an / Beijing||Pick up to visit the Han Yang Mausoleum. Fly to Beijing.||B|
|Day10||Beijing||Enjoy full-day tour of Tian'anmen Square, Forbidden City, Temple of Heaven Park, and Peking Duck Dinner||B, L, D|
|Day11||Beijing||Today guide tour to visit the Summer Palace and Hutongs.||B, L|
|Day12||Beijing||Today's excursion takes you to the Mutianyu Great Wall, Changling Tomb (one of the Ming Tombs).||B, L|
- Private Transfers:
- Between airports / railway station, hotels and scenic spots while sightseeing in the cities specified in the itinerary by the private air conditioned vehicle with driver and English-speaking guide. Separate arrivals and departures will incur extra charges.
- Entrance fees:
- All entrance fees to scenic spots as listed above in the itinerary. The final arrangement will be determined by local tour guides based on the local circumstances which are beyond the control of TripChinaGuide. TCG will adhere to the original itinerary as accurately as possible.
- All meals as specified in the itinerary. “B” stands for western breakfast “L” for Chinese Lunch in local Chinese restaurant. “D” for Chinese dinner in local Chinese restaurant. The quotation is basic on the above normal meals. If you have any special request about meals, like vegetarian, or Indian food etc, please inform us in advance.
- Private tour escort for Sightseeing:
- Normal sightseeing activities as outlined in the Itinerary will be escorted with English-speaking guide.
- The English-speaking guide and driver of each city accompany you throughout the entire tour in that city. They do not fly with you from one city to another.
- Accommodation (if include Yangtze Cruiser):
- Service based on two adults sharing on one standard twin/double-bed room (cabin); solo travelers or those who want to occupy one twin/double-bed room/cabin of their own are required to pay additional charge of single supplement rate. A single room (cabin) is subject to availability based on prior request at an additional cost; if the recommended hotel is not available, it will be substituted by a similar class one.
- All hotels as listed in the above itinerary serve daily western or Chinese breakfast. All rooms are air-conditioned with private facilities unless specified.
- All the domestic airfare of economy class with airport tax/ or train ticket(s) as specified in the itinerary.
- Service Charge & Government Taxes
- The tour cost includes the planning, handling, operational and communication charges.
- Entry or Exit China International Airfare or train tickets, unless other wise noted.
- Visa Fees, passport application or renewal fee.
- Excess Baggage Charges.
- Personal Expenses:
- Expenses of a purely personal nature such as excess luggage fees, laundry, drinks, fax, telephone call, optional activities (shows) and meals, beverages...
- Any meals which are not specified in the itinerary with “B”, “L” or “D”.
- Any extra cost caused by changes of natural disasters, fires, weather, governmental and local authority orders, political change, strikes, war, riots, quarantine, custom regulations, damages or injury caused by accident beyond the control of TripChinaGuide and that has incurred due to the tourist action violating the laws.
- Tips to guides, escort, drivers bellman, etc.
- Free Inquiry
- Cheap and Flexible Itineraries
- Licenced Guides & Drivers
- High-quality Travel Enjoyment
- Professional Travel Consultants
- No Hidden Charges
- No Forced Shopping
- 24*7 Service and Support
- Find a sample tour or Tailor-make a tour
- Adjust you tour plan
- Confirm with payment