15-day Chengdu Tibet Tour + Yangtze Cruise
Destinations: Shanghai, Yichang, Chongqing, Chengdu, Lhasa, Shigatse
Tour code: TCG-L-039
We start the tour with leisure and memorable trip through three gorges and the grand dam site; then the jorney will focus on the fantastic land on Tibet, to witness stunning monasteries, tibetans with prayer wheels, monks in robes and white-capping mountains.
Day 1 Arrival in Shanghai
Transfer via: international flight - on your own
Upon arrival in Shanghai, meet the local guide at the airport and transfer to the hotel check in. Free at leisure for the rest of the day.
Day 2 Shanghai
Activities for today: The Bund, Yu Garden, Shanghai Museum
Your full-day tour begins along the Bund; the city's historic waterfront boulevard is still graced by elegant turn-of-the-century buildings constructed by Japanese and European trading companies. Explore the bustling lanes of the old city bazaar and then stroll in beautiful Yu Yuan Garden, laid out more than 500 years ago by a Ming Dynasty court official for the enjoyment of his aging parents. At the Shanghai Museum, you'll tour a vast collection spanning millennia of art and culture including ancient bronzes and celadon pottery, Buddhist scriptures, precious jade objects and priceless Ming Dynasty furniture.
Day 3 Shanghai
Activities for today: Zhujiajia Water Town, Jiangnan Silk Workshop
After breakfast at the hotel, meet the guide and drive to Zhujiajiao Water Town to see the traditional life at Yangtze River Delta. You will take a short boat on the Water Town. After lunch, drive to the city and pay a visit to the Jiangnan Silk Workshop, and drive back to your hotel for free exploration.
Day 4 Shanghai/Yichang
Transfer via: domestic flight - on our arrangement
Activities for today: Board the Yangtze River Cruise
Morning free at leisure until meet the guide and transfer to Shanghai airport for the early afternoon flight to Yichang.
Upon arrival in Yichang, meet the local guide and transfer to board the Yangtze River Cruise.
Day 5 Three Gorges' Cruise
Activities for today: Three Gorges Dam
Shore excursion to Three Gorges Dam site. Sail through the Three Gorges dam shiplocks and the Xiling Gorge.
Day 6 Three Gorges' Cruise
Activities for today: Daning River Small Gorges or Shennong Stream
Excursion to Daning River Small Gorges or Shennong Stream. Pass through the Wu Gorge and the Qutang Gorge.
(You may have an optional excursion to the White Emperor City if river conditions permit.)
Day 7 Three Gorges' Cruise
Shore excursion to Fengdu - Chinese Ghost City or Shibaozhai Village.
Day 8 Chongqing/Chengdu
Transfer via: express train for seat class - on our arrangement
Disembark Chongqing at 09:00am. Meet the loclal guide and transfer to take an express train to Chengdu.
Arrival in Chengdu, meet the local guide at the railway station and transfer for hotel check in. Free at leisure for the rest of the day.
Day 9 Chengdu
Activities for today: hengdu Panda Base, Jinsha Cultural Relic Museum, Jinli Old Street
Today, our specially-arranged visit gives you exclusive, up-close access at the Panda Breeding Research Center. Go behind-the-scenes with a keeper to see and learn about the care of these lovely pandas. Then visit Jinsha Cultural Relics Museum and Jinli Old Street.
Recommend evening Activities: Sichuan Opera, known for the artistry and amazing skill of its "face changing" actors who can subtly change their masks and make-up ten times in 30 seconds.
Day 10 Chengdu/Lhasa
Transfer via: domestic flight - on our arrangement
Transfer to the airport for your flight across the "Roof of the World" - the Tibetan Plateau to Lhasa. Upon arrival, you'll be warmly greeted and escorted to the hotel. Enjoy a free afternoon to relax and acclimate to the altitude.
Day 11 Lhasa
Activities for today: Jokhang Temple, Barkhor Market, Norbulinka
With your friendly and knowledgeable travel guide guiding the way, today's in-depth sightseeing explores several of the city's highlights. The beautiful Jokhang Temple is a colorful, 4-story timber structure topped with gold. Originally founded in the 7th century, it remains an important pilgrimage site for Tibetan Buddhists. You'll also explore the lively Barkhor Market and Norbulinka, the summer palace of the Dalai Lamas. Built in the 18th century, this expansive palace complex encompasses lovely garden grounds, pavilions and tranquil wooded areas. Then by special arrangement, you'll join with pilgrims who come from all across Tibet to perform kora here at a sacred mountain site; this ancient rite of walking, prayer and deep meditation is a powerful and unforgettable experience.
Day 12 Lhasa
Activities for today: Potala Palace, Tibetan family visit, Sera Monastery
Today's sightseeing begins at the magnificent Potala Palace, described by British-born essayist Pico Iyer in this way: "The very center of Tibet is Lhasa and the very center of Lhasa, for more than three centuries, has been the Potala Palace. An unfathomable building erected on a rock face 13 stories high, it has golden turrets on the roof that can bee seen 12 miles away, and it stretches for more than 1,000 feet along a ridge against the snowcaps. The Potala looks and feels like no other building on the planet."
Later, spending time with a Tibetan family, you’ll gain fascinating insight into the modern rhythms and deep traditions which shape their daily lives. By special arrangement, your visit to the Sera Monastery takes you behind the scenes to observe Buddhist monks engaged in spiritual debate. Then meet a master artist in his studio to learn about thangkas, colorful, finely-detailed religious paintings that have long been a Buddhist tradition.
Day 13 Lhasa / Shigatse
Transfer via: private vehicle
Activities for today: Yamdrok Lake, the Palkhor Monastery
After breakfast at the hotel, meet the guide and drive from Lhasa to Shigatse (about 350km). On the way visit Yamdrok Lake which is one of the three Holy Lakes in Tibet, also a pilgrimage site for Tibetans. And visit the Palkhor Monastery in Gyantze. Continue drive to Shigatze for overnight.
Day 14 Shigatse / Lhasa
Activities for today: Tashilhunpo Monastery
Morning visit Tashilumpo Monastery. It is one of the Six Big Monasteries of Gelugpa (or Yellow Hat Sect) in Tibet and the seat of the Panchen Lama since the Fourth Panchen Lama took charge in the monastery. After that, drive along the Yaluzangbu River back to Lhasa.
Day 15 Farewell to Lhasa
Transfer via: international/domestic flight - on your own
Transfer to the airport and fly to your next destination.
Our proven travel packages have been carefully chosen to include the most popular or unique destinations and tourist attractions in China. However, as local conditions and our clients requests vary, no two trips will ever be the same. With the guidance of your travel consultants you may modify the itinerary to give a truly unique experience!
|Day1||Arrival in Shanghai||Arrival in Shanghai.||/|
|Day2||Shanghai||Full day guide tour to visit the Bund, Yu Garden, and Shanghai Museum.||B, L|
|Day3||Shanghai||Half day tour to Zhujiajia Water Town and Silk Workshop. After free at leisure.||B, L|
|Day4||Shanghai/Yichang||Fly to Yichang and board the Yangtze River Cruise (upstream to Chongqing).||B, L|
|Day5||Three Gorges' Cruise||Shore excursion to Three Gorges Dam site.||B, L, D|
|Day6||Three Gorges' Cruise||Excursion to Daning River Small Gorges or Shennong Stream.||B, L, D|
|Day7||Three Gorges' Cruise||Shore excursion to Fengdu or Wanzhou.||B, L, D|
|Day8||Chongqing/Chengdu||Disembark Chongqing. Take an express train to Chengdu.||B|
|Day9||Chengdu||Today guide tour to visit the lovely pandas at Chengdu Panda Base, Jinsha Cultural Relic Museum and Jinli Old Street.||B, L|
|Day10||Chengdu/Lhasa||Fly to Lhasa.||B|
|Day11||Lhasa||Today leisure guide tour to visit the Jokhang Temple, Barkhor Market, Norbulinka.||B, L|
|Day12||Lhasa||Lhasa highlights to visit Potala Palace, Tibetan family, and Sera Monastery.||B, L|
|Day13||Lhasa / Shigatse||Drive to visit the Yamdrok Lake and the Palkhor Monastery. Overnight at Shigatze.||B, L|
|Day14||Shigatse / Lhasa||In the morning, visit Tashilhunpo Monastery. Then drive back to Lhasa.||B, L|
|Day15||Farewell to Lhasa||Lhasa departure.||B|
- Private Transfers:
- Between airports / railway station, hotels and scenic spots while sightseeing in the cities specified in the itinerary by the private air conditioned vehicle with driver and English-speaking guide. Separate arrivals and departures will incur extra charges.
- Entrance fees:
- All entrance fees to scenic spots as listed above in the itinerary. The final arrangement will be determined by local tour guides based on the local circumstances which are beyond the control of TripChinaGuide. TCG will adhere to the original itinerary as accurately as possible.
- All meals as specified in the itinerary. “B” stands for western breakfast “L” for Chinese Lunch in local Chinese restaurant. “D” for Chinese dinner in local Chinese restaurant. The quotation is basic on the above normal meals. If you have any special request about meals, like vegetarian, or Indian food etc, please inform us in advance.
- Private tour escort for Sightseeing:
- Normal sightseeing activities as outlined in the Itinerary will be escorted with English-speaking guide.
- The English-speaking guide and driver of each city accompany you throughout the entire tour in that city. They do not fly with you from one city to another.
- Accommodation (if include Yangtze Cruiser):
- Service based on two adults sharing on one standard twin/double-bed room (cabin); solo travelers or those who want to occupy one twin/double-bed room/cabin of their own are required to pay additional charge of single supplement rate. A single room (cabin) is subject to availability based on prior request at an additional cost; if the recommended hotel is not available, it will be substituted by a similar class one.
- All hotels as listed in the above itinerary serve daily western or Chinese breakfast. All rooms are air-conditioned with private facilities unless specified.
- All the domestic airfare of economy class with airport tax/ or train ticket(s) as specified in the itinerary.
- Service Charge & Government Taxes
- The tour cost includes the planning, handling, operational and communication charges.
- Entry or Exit China International Airfare or train tickets, unless other wise noted.
- Visa Fees, passport application or renewal fee.
- Excess Baggage Charges.
- Personal Expenses:
- Expenses of a purely personal nature such as excess luggage fees, laundry, drinks, fax, telephone call, optional activities (shows) and meals, beverages...
- Any meals which are not specified in the itinerary with “B”, “L” or “D”.
- Any extra cost caused by changes of natural disasters, fires, weather, governmental and local authority orders, political change, strikes, war, riots, quarantine, custom regulations, damages or injury caused by accident beyond the control of TripChinaGuide and that has incurred due to the tourist action violating the laws.
- Tips to guides, escort, drivers bellman, etc.
- Free Inquiry
- Cheap and Flexible Itineraries
- Licenced Guides & Drivers
- High-quality Travel Enjoyment
- Professional Travel Consultants
- No Hidden Charges
- No Forced Shopping
- 24*7 Service and Support
- Find a sample tour or Tailor-make a tour
- Adjust you tour plan
- Confirm with payment