11-day Golden Triangle Exploration + Yangtze Cruise
Destinations: Beijing, Xi'an, Chongqing, Yichang, Shanghai
Tour code: TCG-L-033
The Yangtze and Golden Triangle vacation is pleasant and comfortable. From the historically significant Beijing, to the marvelous Terracotta army in Xian, to the pleasurable ride on Yangtze and glowing skyscrapers and shops in Shanghai, you will experience the diversified landscape and liveliness in China. Combines a visit to the three gorges dam, this itinerary is very popular for travelers on their first visit to China.
Day 1 Arrive in Beijing
Transfer via: international flight - on your own
Upon arrival in Beijing, meet the local guide at the airport and transfer to your hotel. Free at leisure for the rest of the day.
Day 2 Beijing
Activities for today: Tian'anmen Square, the Forbidden City, Temple of Heaven Park, Peking Duck Dinner
After breakfast at your hotel, meet the guide and start today's city tour from the Tian'anmen Square which is the largest city square in the world, followed by the Forbidden City. It is the largest imperial palace in Cina for 24 emperors' reign during the Ming and Qing dynasties with a history of around 600 years. Lunch will be taken at a local Chinese restaurant. In the afternoon, transfer to visit the Temple of Heaven Park, which is a masterpiece of architecture and landscape design where the ancient emperors used to pray for the God's bless of the whole nation. In the evening, enjoy a famous Peking Duck Banquet for dinner.
Day 3 Beijing
Activities for today: Mutianyu Great Wall, Hutong Tours
After breakfast at your hotel, meet the guide and drive to visit the Great Wall of Mutianyu Section, which is one of the great wonders in the world and the symbol of China. You can take a short hiking on the wall. Lunch will be taken at a local Chinese restaurant. In the afternoon, pay a visit to the Cloisonné Factory where you can see the traditional Beijing culture Art. Drive back to the city, take a 3-wheel rickshaw to Hutong and have a visit to the local family. Hutong is the unique street design in Beijing - some crisscrossing old narrow paths with courtyard houses built on each side. It can be regarded as a window into Beijing folk life. Drive back to your hotel and free at leisure in the evening.
Recommend evening Activities: Enjoy the famous Chinese Kung Fu Show in the evening.
Day 4 Beijing/Xi'an
Activities for today: The Big Wild Goose Pagoda Park, Ancient City Wall
In the morning, meet the guide and transfer to Beijing airport for the morning flight to Xi'an.
Upon arrival in Xi'an, meet the local guide at the airport and transfer to visit the Big Wild Goose Pagoda Park. The pagoda is the city emblem, which was first built in Tang Dynasty for the storage of Buddhist scriptures taken from India by Monk Xuanzang. Followed by a visit to the Ancient City Wall, the best-kept and biggest city walls in China. Drive to your hotel and free evening for your own exploration.
Day 5 Xi'an / Chongqing
Transfer via: domestic flight - on our arrangement
Activities for today: Xi'an Daqin Terra-Cotta & Lacquer Furniture Art Factory, Terra-cotta Warriors and Horses Museum, Yangtze River Cruise
After breakfast at the hotel, meet the guide and drive to visit the Xi'an Daqin Terra-Cotta & Lacquer Furniture Art Factory. In the factory, you can see the process of how to make Terra-cotta Warriors and Horses. Continue drive to visit the Terra-cotta Warriors and Horses Museum. It is one of the most important archaeological finds in the 20 th century; an army of terra-cotta warriors and the bronze chariots entombed in vast underground vaults at emperor Qin's tomb since 2200 year ago. Lunch will be taken at a local Chinese restaurant. In the afternoon, transfer to Xi'an Airport for the afternoon flight to Chongqing.
Upon arrival in Chongqing, meet the local guide and transfer to board Yangtze River Cruise.
Day 6 Yangtze Cruise
Activities for today: Fengdu Ghost City or Shibaozhai Village
Shore excursion to Fengdu - Chinese Ghost City or Shibaozhai Village.
Day 7 Yangtze Cruise
Activities for today: Shennong Stream or Lesser Three Gorges
Take a sampan to go deep into the beautiful narrow gorges of Shennong Stream, the once torpidly flowing water is now tamed and it is ideal for a sampan-pulling performance.
Day 8 Yichang/Shanghai
Transfer via: domestic flight - on our arrangement
Activities for today: Three Gorge Dam
Appreciate the magnificent Three Gorges Dam and pick up more background information on this largest water conservancy project. Disembark in Yichang around 11:30am, meet the local guide and transfer to the airport for the afternoon flight to Shanghai.
Upon arrival in Shanghai Hongqiao Airport, meet the local guide and transfer to your hotel.
Day 9 Shanghai
Activities for today: Yu Garden, Jade Buddha Temple, Oriental Pearl Tower, the Bund, Nanjing Road
After breakfast at the hotel, meet the guide and full day guide tour to visit Oriental Pearl TV Tower where has best viewing spot of Shanghai located by the Huangpu River with 468 meters high. Followed by a visit to the Yu Garden. The garden used to be a private garden with 400 years' history; it features traditional architectural style of Yangtze Delta. After that, have a free walk on the nearby Old Street and transfer to visit the Jade Buddha Temple. Free at leisure on the Bund and Nanjing Road.
Recommended evening activity: Acrobatic Night Show.
Day 10 Shanghai
Activities for today: Zhujiajiao Water Town, Jiangnan Silk Workshop, Xintiandi Area.
After breakfast at the hotel, meet the guide and drive to Zhujiajiao Water Town to see the traditional life at Yangtze River Delta. After lunch, drive to the city and pay a visit to the Jiangnan Silk Workshop, and Xintiandi Area.
Day 11 Shanghai/Exit
Transfer via: international flight - on your own
Free at leisure until meet the guide and transfer to Shanghai Pudong airport for your flight to your next destination.
Our proven travel packages have been carefully chosen to include the most popular or unique destinations and tourist attractions in China. However, as local conditions and our clients requests vary, no two trips will ever be the same. With the guidance of your travel consultants you may modify the itinerary to give a truly unique experience!
|Day1||Arrive in Beijing||Arrival in Beijing.||/|
|Day2||Beijing||Today guide trip to the Tian'anmen Square, the Forbidden City, and Temple of Heaven Park. Enjoy a famous Peking Duck Banquet for dinner.||B, L, D|
|Day3||Beijing||Today guide trip to the Great Wall of Mutianyu Section, Hutong Tours.||B, L|
|Day4||Beijing/Xi'an||Take a morning flight to Xi'an . Arrive in Xi'an. Be met & transferred to your hotel. Afternoon guide tour to visit the Big Wild Goose Pagoda Park, Ancient City Wall.||B, L|
|Day5||Xi'an / Chongqing||Visit the Terra-cotta Warriors and Horses Museum. Take a late afternoon flight to Chongqing and board Yangtze River cruise ship.||B, L|
|Day6||Yangtze Cruise||Shore excursion to Fengdu - Chinese Ghost City or Shibaozhai Village.||B, L, D|
|Day7||Yangtze Cruise||Shore excursion to Shennong Stream or Lesser Three Gorges.||B, L, D|
|Day8||Yichang/Shanghai||Shore excursion to Three Gorge Dam, disembark at Yichang. Fly to Shangai||B, L|
|Day9||Shanghai||Visit Oriental Pearl TV Tower, Yu Garden & Jade Buddha Temple.||B, L|
|Day10||Shanghai||Tour to nearby anicent water town - Zhujiajiao, Jiangnan Silk Workshop, Xintiandi Area.||B, L|
- Private Transfers:
- Between airports / railway station, hotels and scenic spots while sightseeing in the cities specified in the itinerary by the private air conditioned vehicle with driver and English-speaking guide. Separate arrivals and departures will incur extra charges.
- Entrance fees:
- All entrance fees to scenic spots as listed above in the itinerary. The final arrangement will be determined by local tour guides based on the local circumstances which are beyond the control of TripChinaGuide. TCG will adhere to the original itinerary as accurately as possible.
- All meals as specified in the itinerary. “B” stands for western breakfast “L” for Chinese Lunch in local Chinese restaurant. “D” for Chinese dinner in local Chinese restaurant. The quotation is basic on the above normal meals. If you have any special request about meals, like vegetarian, or Indian food etc, please inform us in advance.
- Private tour escort for Sightseeing:
- Normal sightseeing activities as outlined in the Itinerary will be escorted with English-speaking guide.
- The English-speaking guide and driver of each city accompany you throughout the entire tour in that city. They do not fly with you from one city to another.
- Accommodation (if include Yangtze Cruiser):
- Service based on two adults sharing on one standard twin/double-bed room (cabin); solo travelers or those who want to occupy one twin/double-bed room/cabin of their own are required to pay additional charge of single supplement rate. A single room (cabin) is subject to availability based on prior request at an additional cost; if the recommended hotel is not available, it will be substituted by a similar class one.
- All hotels as listed in the above itinerary serve daily western or Chinese breakfast. All rooms are air-conditioned with private facilities unless specified.
- All the domestic airfare of economy class with airport tax/ or train ticket(s) as specified in the itinerary.
- Service Charge & Government Taxes
- The tour cost includes the planning, handling, operational and communication charges.
- Entry or Exit China International Airfare or train tickets, unless other wise noted.
- Visa Fees, passport application or renewal fee.
- Excess Baggage Charges.
- Personal Expenses:
- Expenses of a purely personal nature such as excess luggage fees, laundry, drinks, fax, telephone call, optional activities (shows) and meals, beverages...
- Any meals which are not specified in the itinerary with “B”, “L” or “D”.
- Any extra cost caused by changes of natural disasters, fires, weather, governmental and local authority orders, political change, strikes, war, riots, quarantine, custom regulations, damages or injury caused by accident beyond the control of TripChinaGuide and that has incurred due to the tourist action violating the laws.
- Tips to guides, escort, drivers bellman, etc.
- Free Inquiry
- Cheap and Flexible Itineraries
- Licenced Guides & Drivers
- High-quality Travel Enjoyment
- Professional Travel Consultants
- No Hidden Charges
- No Forced Shopping
- 24*7 Service and Support
- Find a sample tour or Tailor-make a tour
- Adjust you tour plan
- Confirm with payment