Day 1 Arrival in Zhangjiajie
Transfer via: flight/train - on your own arrangement
Upon arrival in Zhangjiajie, you will be met by the local guide and transferred to the hotel check in. Free at leisure for the rest of the day.
Day 2 Zhangjiajie / Wulingyuan Scenic Area
Activities for today: Tianmen Mountain National Forest Park, Yellow Dragon Cave
Morning drive to the Tianmen Mountain National Forest Park, where you will experience a ride on the world’s longest cable car up to the summit of the mountain, taking in the spectacular scenery as you do so. Once at the summit take a hike (approximately 2 hours long) on the Plank Road alongside Guigu Cliffs. During the hiking, you can choose to experience the glass plank road built along a cliff with an extra expense (RMB20/pp). After the hiking, you will pay a visit to the Tiammen Temple and take the Forest Sightseeing cable car and back to the Tianmen Mountain cable car station and take the big cable car up to the middle station. And take a bus through the Tongtian Avenue to explore the Tianmen Cave.
In the afternoon, drive Wulingyuan Scenic Area and explore in the fantastic underground cave-Yellow Dragon Cave, hiking hiking about 2 hours in the cave.
Day 3 Wulingyuan Scenic Area
Activities for today: Huangshizhai, Golden Whip Stream, Baofeng lake
After breakfast at the hotel, you will take a cable car to Huangshizhai (the yellow stone stronghold) and be taken on a 2 hours hike on the mountain. After lunch at a local Chinese restaurant, proceed to the Golden Whip Stream (Jinbianxi) – this charming valley is most likely to bring you into the pandora’s wonderland of the movie. You will have a leisure hiking about 2.5 hours.
And then hiking through a grand valley (Baizhang Xia) and reach the sleepy Baofeng Lake. Around the lake area the beautiful cataracts are found in the film Avatar. Drive to your hotel for a leisure time.
Day 4 Wulingyuan Scenic Area
Activities for today: Yuanjiajie Mountain, Bailong Elevator, ‘Hallelujah Mountains’, Tianzi Mountain, Shi Li Hua Lang
After breakfast at the hotel, You will then ascend the Yuanjiajie Mountain (Yuanjiajie Scenic Area) taking the Bailong elevator - a glass elevator built into the side of the mountain. On the summit, you will be taken on a 2.5 hours hiking to discover the Pillar of the southern sky. This mountain was used as inspiration for the famous ‘Hallelujah Mountains’ seen in the blockbuster movie, Avatar. In January 2010, this mountain was renamed the ‘Avatar Hallelujah Mountain’ by the local government. Proceed to the platform or Forgetfulness to enjoy the nearby peak views and then walk across a supernatural work – the No. 1 Bridge under Heaven (aka First Bridge of the world, Chinese: Tian Xia Di Yi Qiao).
Climb up the “King of peaks” – Tianzi Mountain. From the unique peaks in the clusters here you will refind the mysterious setting of Avatar. Take a cable car down the Tianzi Mountain, go on sightseeing along the dreamlike fairland – Shi Li Hua Lang (aka Gallery Canyon, lit. 10-li Gallery; 10 Li=5km).
Day 5 Wulingyuan Scenic Area/Zhangjiajie/Exit
Transfer via: flight/train - on your own arrangement
Meet the guide and transfer to Zhangjiajie airport or railway station for the flight/train to your next destination.
Our proven travel packages have been carefully chosen to include the most popular or unique destinations and tourist attractions in China. However, as local conditions and our clients requests vary, no two trips will ever be the same. With the guidance of your travel consultants you may modify the itinerary to give a truly unique experience!
|Day1||Arrival in Zhangjiajie||Arrival in Zhangjiajie.||/|
|Day2||Zhangjiajie / Wulingyuan Scenic Area||Full day explore Tianmen Mountain National Forest Park, drive to Wulingyuan and visit the Yellow Dragon Cave.||B, L|
|Day3||Wulingyuan Scenic Area||Today guide tour to visit the Huangshizhai (the Yellow Stone Stronghold), hiking on the Golden Whip Stream,and visit Baofeng lake.||B, L|
|Day4||Wulingyuan Scenic Area||Full day visit the Yuanjiajie Mountain, Bailong Elevator, ‘Hallelujah Mountains’, Tianzi Mountain, and Shi Li Hua Lang.||B, L|
|Day5||Wulingyuan Scenic Area/Zhangjiajie/Exit||Zhangjiajie departure.||B|
- Private Transfers:
- Between airports / railway station, hotels and scenic spots while sightseeing in the cities specified in the itinerary by the private air conditioned vehicle with driver and English-speaking guide. Separate arrivals and departures will incur extra charges.
- Entrance fees:
- All entrance fees to scenic spots as listed above in the itinerary. The final arrangement will be determined by local tour guides based on the local circumstances which are beyond the control of TripChinaGuide. TCG will adhere to the original itinerary as accurately as possible.
- All meals as specified in the itinerary. “B” stands for western breakfast “L” for Chinese Lunch in local Chinese restaurant. “D” for Chinese dinner in local Chinese restaurant. The quotation is basic on the above normal meals. If you have any special request about meals, like vegetarian, or Indian food etc, please inform us in advance.
- Private tour escort for Sightseeing:
- Normal sightseeing activities as outlined in the Itinerary will be escorted with English-speaking guide.
- The English-speaking guide and driver of each city accompany you throughout the entire tour in that city. They do not fly with you from one city to another.
- Accommodation (if include Yangtze Cruiser):
- Service based on two adults sharing on one standard twin/double-bed room (cabin); solo travelers or those who want to occupy one twin/double-bed room/cabin of their own are required to pay additional charge of single supplement rate. A single room (cabin) is subject to availability based on prior request at an additional cost; if the recommended hotel is not available, it will be substituted by a similar class one.
- All hotels as listed in the above itinerary serve daily western or Chinese breakfast. All rooms are air-conditioned with private facilities unless specified.
- All the domestic airfare of economy class with airport tax/ or train ticket(s) as specified in the itinerary.
- Service Charge & Government Taxes
- The tour cost includes the planning, handling, operational and communication charges.
- Entry or Exit China International Airfare or train tickets, unless other wise noted.
- Visa Fees, passport application or renewal fee.
- Excess Baggage Charges.
- Personal Expenses:
- Expenses of a purely personal nature such as excess luggage fees, laundry, drinks, fax, telephone call, optional activities (shows) and meals, beverages...
- Any meals which are not specified in the itinerary with “B”, “L” or “D”.
- Any extra cost caused by changes of natural disasters, fires, weather, governmental and local authority orders, political change, strikes, war, riots, quarantine, custom regulations, damages or injury caused by accident beyond the control of TripChinaGuide and that has incurred due to the tourist action violating the laws.
- Tips to guides, escort, drivers bellman, etc.
Hi Cathy,Thanx again for all your help and support to make our tour to China an unforgettable experience.The people in the photo is from left to right: Fifty, Debbie, Sanri, Hong and Christiaan. Hong was a wonderful guide and looked well after usPlease come and visit us In Cape Town, South Africa. Kind regardsFif... Read more >>
Customer: Fifty Carstens ( South Africa ) Tour Dates: 2014-04-27
- Free Inquiry
- Cheap and Flexible Itineraries
- Licenced Guides & Drivers
- High-quality Travel Enjoyment
- Professional Travel Consultants
- No Hidden Charges
- No Forced Shopping
- 24*7 Service and Support
- Find a sample tour or Tailor-make a tour
- Adjust you tour plan
- Confirm with payment