9-day China Highlights by High-speed Train
Destinations: Beijing, Xi'an, Shanghai
Tour code: TCG-TBH-01
Tour Beijing Xian Shanghai by high-speed train can save a lot of time, and the tour price is cheaper than travel by airplane; this classical China high-speed train trip including the must-see travel highlights of the 3 cities. You can experience the essential Chinese history, culture, art and food at an affordable price. It is a special trip tailored for the tourists who first time to China.
Day 1 Beijing Arrival
Transfer via: international flight–your arrangement
Transfer via: Upon arrival at Beijing Capital International Airport, meet the local guide and transfer to your hotel. Free at leisure for the rest of the day.
Day 2 Beijing
Transfer via: by private car
Activities for today: Tiananmen Square, Forbidden City, Temple of Heaven
This morning, we'll pay a visit to the Temple of Heaven, which is a masterpiece of architecture and landscape design where the ancient emperors used to pray for the God's bless of the whole nation. In the park, you can see the locals doing all kinds of morning exercises.
After lunch, tour the largest city square in the world - Tian'anmen Square, followed by visit the Forbidden City - the largest imperial palace in China for 24 emperors' reign during the Ming and Qing dynasties with a history of around 600 years. Evening, enjoy Peking Duck Banquet.
Day 3 Beijing
Transfer via: by private car and rickshaw
Activities for today: Mutianyu Great Wall, Beijing Hutongs
Today's excursion will take us to the Mutianyu Great Wall, we'll enjoy a short hiking on the wall. Then, pay a visit to the Cloisonné Factory, where you can see the traditional Beijing culture Art. Drive back to the city, take a 3-wheel rickshaw to Hutong and have a visit to the local family. Hutong is the unique street design in Beijing - some crisscrossing old narrow paths with courtyard houses built on each side. It is regarded as a window to see the Beijing folk of life.
Day 4 Beijing/Xi'an
Transfer via: by high speed G train (about 5 hrs)
Activities for today: Summer Palace
After breakfast at your hotel, transfer to visit the Summer Palace, which is the largest and best-preserved royal garden in China with a history of over 800 years. In the afternoon, transfer to the train station to take the high-speed train to Xian. Upon arrival, be picked up to your hotel.
Day 5 Xi'an
Transfer via: by private car
Activities for today: Xi'an Daqin Terra-Cotta & Lacquer Furniture Art Factory, Terra-cotta Warriors and Horses, Small Wild Goose Pagoda, Xian Museum
Morning drive to visit the Xi'an Daqin Terra-Cotta & Lacquer Furniture Art Factory. In the factory, you can see the process of how to make Terra-cotta Warriors and Horses. Then transfer to visit the Terra-cotta Warriors and Horses, the most important archaeological finds in the 20th century; an army of terra-cotta warriors and the bronze chariots entombed in vast underground vaults at Emperor Qin's tomb in 2200 year ago. In the afternoon, drive to visit the Small Wild Goose Pagoda and Xian Museum.
Day 6 Xi'an/Shanghai
Transfer via: by fast D train (about 11 hrs)
Activities for today: Shaanxi Provincial Museum, Ancient City Wall
Morning visit the Shaanxi Provincial Museum, one impressive museum housing more than 370,000 pieces of historical relics. After lunch, pay a visit to the Ancient City Wall, the biggest and intact city walls in China. Transfer to the train station and take the overnight D train to Shanghai.
Day 7 Shanghai
Transfer via: by private car
Activities for today: Oriental Pearl TV Tower, Yu Garden, the Bund, Nanjing Road
Arrival at Shanghai Hongqiao train station in the morning, meet your guide and transfer to the hotel for a short rest (check in if room available). After breakfast, visit the Oriental Pearl TV Tower where has best viewing spot of Shanghai located by the Huangpu River with 468 meters high. Followed by a visit to the Yu Garden. The garden used to be a private garden with 400 years' history, it features traditional architectural style of Yangtze Delta. Later, enjoy a walk on the Bund and Nanjing Road.
Day 8 Shanghai
Full day free at leisure for your own exploration in Shanghai.
Day 9 Depart Shanghai
Transfer via: international flight – your arrangement
Be free until you are escorted to the airport for your homebound flight.
Our proven travel packages have been carefully chosen to include the most popular or unique destinations and tourist attractions in China. However, as local conditions and our clients requests vary, no two trips will ever be the same. With the guidance of your travel consultants you may modify the itinerary to give a truly unique experience!
|Day1||Beijing Arrival||Meet your guide and transfer to the hotel.||/|
|Day2||Beijing||Enjoy sightseeing tour of the Temple of Heaven, Tian'anmen Square, and the Forbidden City.||B, L, D|
|Day3||Beijing||Make an excursion to Mutianyu Great Wall and visit Beijing Hutongs by rickshaw.||B, L|
|Day4||Beijing/Xi'an||Visit the Summer Palace and then take high-speed train to Xian.||B, L|
|Day5||Xi'an||Full day tour Xi'an Daqin Terra-Cotta & Lacquer Furniture Art Factory,Terra-cotta Warriors and Horses, Small Wild Goose Pagoda, and Xian Museum.||B, L|
|Day6||Xi'an/Shanghai||Visit Shaanxi Provincial Museum and Xian Ancient City Wall. Then take overnight D train to Shanghai.||B, L|
|Day7||Shanghai||Visit the Oriental Pearl TV Tower, Yu Garden, the Bund and Nanjing Road.||B, L|
|Day9||Depart Shanghai||Be transferred to the airport||B|
- Private Transfers:
- Between airports / railway station, hotels and scenic spots while sightseeing in the cities specified in the itinerary by the private air conditioned vehicle with driver and English-speaking guide. Separate arrivals and departures will incur extra charges.
- Entrance fees:
- All entrance fees to scenic spots as listed above in the itinerary. The final arrangement will be determined by local tour guides based on the local circumstances which are beyond the control of TripChinaGuide. TCG will adhere to the original itinerary as accurately as possible.
- All meals as specified in the itinerary. “B” stands for western breakfast “L” for Chinese Lunch in local Chinese restaurant. “D” for Chinese dinner in local Chinese restaurant. The quotation is basic on the above normal meals. If you have any special request about meals, like vegetarian, or Indian food etc, please inform us in advance.
- Private tour escort for Sightseeing:
- Normal sightseeing activities as outlined in the Itinerary will be escorted with English-speaking guide.
- The English-speaking guide and driver of each city accompany you throughout the entire tour in that city. They do not fly with you from one city to another.
- Accommodation (if include Yangtze Cruiser):
- Service based on two adults sharing on one standard twin/double-bed room (cabin); solo travelers or those who want to occupy one twin/double-bed room/cabin of their own are required to pay additional charge of single supplement rate. A single room (cabin) is subject to availability based on prior request at an additional cost; if the recommended hotel is not available, it will be substituted by a similar class one.
- All hotels as listed in the above itinerary serve daily western or Chinese breakfast. All rooms are air-conditioned with private facilities unless specified.
- All the domestic airfare of economy class with airport tax/ or train ticket(s) as specified in the itinerary.
- Service Charge & Government Taxes
- The tour cost includes the planning, handling, operational and communication charges.
- Entry or Exit China International Airfare or train tickets, unless other wise noted.
- Visa Fees, passport application or renewal fee.
- Excess Baggage Charges.
- Personal Expenses:
- Expenses of a purely personal nature such as excess luggage fees, laundry, drinks, fax, telephone call, optional activities (shows) and meals, beverages...
- Any meals which are not specified in the itinerary with “B”, “L” or “D”.
- Any extra cost caused by changes of natural disasters, fires, weather, governmental and local authority orders, political change, strikes, war, riots, quarantine, custom regulations, damages or injury caused by accident beyond the control of TripChinaGuide and that has incurred due to the tourist action violating the laws.
- Tips to guides, escort, drivers bellman, etc.
- Free Inquiry
- Cheap and Flexible Itineraries
- Licenced Guides & Drivers
- High-quality Travel Enjoyment
- Professional Travel Consultants
- No Hidden Charges
- No Forced Shopping
- 24*7 Service and Support
- Find a sample tour or Tailor-make a tour
- Adjust you tour plan
- Confirm with payment