Requirements for Applying for Chinese Visa

Basic Requirements:

1) A valid original passport with at least two blank pages and 6 months or more remaining validity counted from the date of submitting application.

2) One truly, legibly completed Visa Application Form signed by the applicant. And applicants are required to fill Supplementary Visa Application Form if:

a. They are applying to work in China (Z-visa);

b. They are applying to study in China (X-visa);

c. They are traveling with others and sharing the same passport;

d. They are applying a visa to China in a country or territory other than the country of their nationality.

3) One recent colored passport photo affixed to the Application Form.

4) For applicants who are not the French citizens, the original and a copy of valid French Residence Permit are required.

Additional Requirements for Different Categories of Chinese Visa

1) L Visa for Tourism: Proof of return ticket booking, Chinese hotel booking; Certificate of insurance; Proof of occupation or income or bank account statement (only for retired and unemployed applicants)or Student ID (only for students over 18 years old); For applicants who will go to Tibet, they need to provide the Entry Permit issued by Tibet Tourism Bureau (Tel: +86-891-6834313, Fax: +86-891-6834632);

2) L visa for Family Visiting: Besides the documents mentioned above as for tourism, invitation letter and the proof of kinship relationship (Marriage License and Birth Certificate) are required, as well as a copy of inviter's ID (Chinese), or copies of inviter's passport information page, Work Permit and Residence Permit (Foreigners).

3) F Visa for Business: Original or copy of the invitation letter issued by authorized Chinese government departments, such as Foreign Affaires Office of provinces, autonomous regions and municipalities; or an Invitation Letter from a duly authorized unit in China; Or round-trip ticket and hotel bookings.

4) X Visa for Study: JW-201 or JW-202 issued by the Ministry of Education of China; Original and copy of Admission Letter from a Chinese college, university or institute; one Physical Examination Record for Foreigners; For students under 18 years old, they are required to provide Birth certificate, a Power of Attorney from parents, original and copy of parents' ID Card and the Statement of Student's Status.

5) Z Visa for Employment: A Work Permit issued by the Ministry of Labor and Social Security or Foreign Experts Certificate; Original and copy of Invitation Letter issued by Chinese government departments; or Invitation Letter from a Duly Authorized Unit in China. Accompanying members should also provide Invitation Letter or Proof of relationship (Marriage Certificate and Birth Certificate, etc), original and copies of relative's valid working visa, residence permit and passport information page.

6) G Visa for Transit: A valid visa and a ticket to the destination country. For aircrew and seaman who will embark on an airplane or a ship in China, they are required to provide an official letter from their Airline Company or Shipping Company.

Recommended China Tour Packages

Ask Question

Share to